Mark Kingseed Memorial Scholarship
The Mark Kingseed Memorial Foundation has been established by Mark’s wife Joannie and his former partners at the Dayton law firm of Coolidge Wall to expand his considerable legacy of public service. Mark was a long-time member of Centerville City Council (1990-2003) and served as Centerville Mayor for three terms (2004-2015). He was a respected member of the Coolidge Wall partnership, where he worked from 2004 until his death in 2018. Mark’s professional choice to become an attorney was made to prepare him for a leadership role in government; he paired his legal skills with a phenomenal understanding of politics and history to make a real difference in his community. This scholarship, in Mark’s memory, is designed to support graduating high-school seniors who wish to pursue college studies in history, international studies, political science and/or public administration. Applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior from a Montgomery County high school
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.5 based upon a 4.0 scale
- Be accepted to a four-year college or university
- Plan to major in history, political science, public administration, international studies, or urban planning.
- Preference given to students who demonstrate financial need, with all other criteria being equal