Dayton Daily News Community Solutions Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2005 in honor of Mike Peters in the spirit of civic engagement. Mr. Peters is a political and comic strip cartoonist. He began his career working at the Dayton Daily News in 1969. In 1981 he was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for political cartooning. His political cartoons appear in papers across the country, and he also writes the award-winning Mother Goose and Grimm comic strip. Applicants must:
• Be a graduating senior from a high school in the Miami Valley Eligible counties: Montgomery, Greene, Miami and Warren
• Demonstrate the ability to succeed academically
• Be accepted to attend a two- or four-year accredited college or university
• Demonstrate how you have worked to solve a community problem/need and be able to explain the impact and/or future plans for solving the problem.
- Greene County, Miami County, Montgomery County, Warren County
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain a community project that you have worked on that is designed to solve a community problem or meet a need. Explain the project, the impact of the project and any future plans. Examples of projects may include a volunteer experience/project, a senior capstone project or a project thorugh a church or community group.