Dayton Daily News Community Solutions Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2005 in honor of Mike Peters in the spirit of civic engagement. Mr. Peters is a political and comic strip cartoonist. He began his career working at the Dayton Daily News in 1969. In 1981 he was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for political cartooning. His political cartoons appear in papers across the country, and he also writes the award-winning Mother Goose and Grimm comic strip. Applicants must:
• Be a graduating senior from a high school in the Miami Valley Eligible counties: Montgomery, Greene, Miami and Warren
• Demonstrate the ability to succeed academically
• Be accepted to attend a two- or four-year accredited college or university
• Demonstrate how you have worked to solve a community problem/need and be able to explain the impact and/or future plans for solving the problem.
- Beavercreek High School, Carroll High School, Centerville High School Scholarships, Chaminade Julienne High School, Dayton Public Schools Scholarships, Dixie High School Scholarships, Greene County, Jefferson High School Scholarships, Kettering Fairmont High School Scholarships, Miami County, Miamisburg High School Scholarships, Northmont High School Scholarships, Northridge High School Scholarships, Oakwood High School Scholarships, Stebbins High School Scholarships, Trotwood Madison High School Scholarships, Valley View High School Scholarships, Wayne High School, West Carrollton High School Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain a community project that you have worked on that is designed to solve a community problem or meet a need. Explain the project, the impact of the project and any future plans. Examples of projects may include a volunteer experience/project, a senior capstone project or a project thorugh a church or community group.