Nelson J. Houck and Alvin R. Houck Scholarship
The Nelson J. Houck and Alvin R. Houck Scholarship Fund of The Dayton Foundation was established to offer financial assistance to Montgomery County high school graduating seniors who have participated in high school cross country or track and field activities and are planning to attend a two- or four-year college, community college or university. Students must be planning to continue participating in cross country or track and field in college. This fund honors the memories of Nelson and Alvin Houck were long-time track and field enthusiasts.
- $1,000 - renewable for 3 years
- African American Community Foundation, Montgomery County
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to continue your track and field activities in college?
- Please write an essay about your high school track and field activities and how you see this continuing after high school. The essay should be no more than one-page, typed, double-spaced, and in a 12 point font.
- Please provide the name and e-mail address for your track and field coach letter of recommendation.
- Please give a short description of how you plan to continue your track and field activities in college.