Guy E. Rohrer, Jr., Memorial Scholarship
The Guy E. Rohrer, Jr., Memorial Scholarship was established in 1989 to assist children and stepchildren of active and retired City of Dayton police officers to further their educational studies at the college level. It was initiated by Roberta L. Rohrer, in memory of her late husband, who for 22 years was devoted to the police profession and the Fraternal Order of Police. Applicants must:
- Be a child or step-child of an active or retired City of Dayton police officer.
- Be accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year college, university or technical school on a full-time basis
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Fire and/or Police Related Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you the child or step-child of an active or retired City of Dayton police officer?
- Please provide the City of Dayton police officers full name, the district in which they work(ed) and the contact phone number for that district.
- Please submit an essay consisting of no more than 500 words describing your chosen career and why you have made this choice. Indicate who or what influenced your decision and what personal goals you have established for the next five years.