Pat and Dave Diven Scholarship Fund
The Diven Family Scholarship was established for students who have attended Dayton Public Schools. Non-traditional students are given priority. We have established this endowed scholarship to benefit the community in which we live. We also believe that we have been fortunate during our lives and want to establish a legacy to benefit those who may not have had so many advantages in life. We believe that all individuals should have equal opportunities and that is not always the case. This is an effort to give an opportunity to individuals who didn’t always get it. Non-traditional is defined as an individual accepted to a qualified school, who has attained his/her GED or who did not pursue further education immediately after graduating from high school. Applicants must:
• Be a graduating senior of a Dayton Public high school, or a non-traditional* student who attended Dayton Public Schools.
• Be accepted and planning to attend an accredited two- or four-year college or university, community college, or trade/technical school on at least a part-time basis
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (may be waived for non-traditional students)
• Demonstrate financial need
- Dayton Public Schools Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- An optional essay of no more than 350 words may be included. If included, it should address why the applicant has chosen to go back to school and provide any details the applicant feels are relevant. While not required, the essay would aid the selection committee during their evaluation process.