Irene and Tom Malone Scholarship Fund
The Irene and Tom Malone Scholarship fund was established in 1989 to benefit students in the Southeast Priority Board area to further their educational studies. Mrs. Malone was born in Dayton, Ohio and aspired to be an engineer but was discouraging from pursing this traditionally male occupation. She attended Sinclair Community College, Miami-Jacobs and Wright State University before starting a career with the Montgomery County Engineer’s Department as a supervisor of the map department. Mr. Malone moved to Dayton when he was 18 years-old and attended one year of college, but was unable to continue due to financial reasons. However, he pursued his education on a part-time basis. He was involved with the Southeast Priority Board and served as president of the Linden Heights Council. He worked for the City of Dayton Water Department and served as president of the Local 101 of the Dayton Public Service Union. Applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior from Belmont High School
- Be accepted to a four-year college or university and attend on a full-time basis
- Demonstrate financial need
- A high GPA is not required for this scholarship. Preference will be given to students who show a strong work ethic and the potential for success in college.
- Belmont High School
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to attend a four-year college or university full-time?
- Please submit a short essay explaining what your parents have taught you about hard work.