Brightwell Family Memorial Scholarship Fund and the Dayton Firefighter's IAFF Local 136
The Brightwell Family Memorial Scholarship was established by Thomas and Christie Brightwell in memory of their father Thomas O. Brightwell, Sr., who was a Dayton, Ohio City Firefighter from 1929 until his retirement in 1953. Applicants must:
- Be the child or grandchild of an active or retired full-time Dayton City Firefighter.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA for high school students or a minimum 2.75 GPA for current college students.
- Students must be accepted at or attending an accredited two- or four-year college, university or technical school and be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Fire and/or Police Related Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you the child or grandchild of an active or retired full-time City of Dayton firefighter?
- How are you related to a City of Dayton firefighter? Please provide the firefighters full name, the district in which they work(ed) and the contact phone number for that district.
- Please submit an essay describing, as the child of a firefighter, what would receiving this scholarship mean to you?