Kettering Education Foundation - John Pitstick Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was created to honor the spirit and memory of 1978 Fairmont West graduate John Pitstick. John was a varsity football player and student who enjoyed high school and made lifelong friends at Fairmont. John attended UC for a short time, then went on to a technical school to become a marine mechanic in Florida for over 25 years. John lost his battle with cancer in 2013, but never lost his strong work ethic, his love for Kettering, or his love for football (no Gators or Hurricanes for him…Florida State Seminoles all the way!) John was very close to his sister Michele Pitstick Massa, a 1975 Fairmont West graduate and Kettering teacher. Their parents, Les and Sharon Pitstick, established this endowed scholarship in 2014 to financially assist a Fairmont student athlete who plans to attend a post-secondary college or university with a major in education. Applicants must:
- Be graduating from Kettering Fairmont High School
- Plan to major in education
- Must also have participated in a sport during all four years of high school
- Kettering Fairmont High School Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated in at least one sport each year of high school?
- Please list each sport and the years you played.