Beta Eta Omega Chapter Community Scholarship
The Beta Eta Omega Chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, the oldest predominantly Black Sorority in this country, is dedicated to improving the quality of life for citizens worldwide and continues to focus its service on the importance of life-long learning and education as a means to future economic stability. In support of this focus, the chapter has established this scholarship in honor of its past members who have served in the local area as educators, civil and public servants, journalists, business professionals and entrepreneurs. More information about the Beta Eta Omega Chapter can be found at https://www.akadayton.org/ Applicants must:
- Be an African-American resident from Dayton, Ohio and surrounding communities planning to attend a four-year college or university
- Have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Participation in school and community activities
- Preference will be given to students who participated in Beta Eta Omega Chapter’s Al-Ka-Pals Youth Group and/or Ebony Jewels and Gems Cotillion.
Applicants will be asked to participate in an interview with the selection committee.
- $1,000 renewable for 3 years
- Supplemental Questions
- If you participated in Beta Eta Omega Chapter’s Al-Ka-Pals Youth Group and/or Ebony Jewels and Gems Cotillion, please submit a certificate or membership card for the years you participated.