AIA Dayton Architectural Scholarship Fund
The AIA Dayton Architecture Scholarship Fund of The Dayton Foundation was established to encourage and assist students graduating from high schools and college students from the Dayton/Miami Valley region to pursue a degree in architecture at a college or university with a NAAB accredited architecture program. The fund is administered by AIA Dayton — a chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
Student must have received or anticipate receiving his or her high school diploma from a high school in the geographic area represented by the Dayton Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, i.e., Champaign, Clark, Darke, Greene, Logan, Miami, Montgomery, Preble and Shelby counties in Ohio; or must be a college or university student from the geographic area represented by the Dayton Chapter of the American Institute of Architects attending a NAAB accredited architecture program. Visit the NAAB website to see a list of accredited schools. In the state of Ohio, Bowling Green State University, University of Cincinnati, Kent State University, Miami University or Ohio State University are accredited.
- Champaign County, Clark County, Current College Students Scholarships, Darke County, Greene County, Logan County, Miami County, Preble County
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write an essay outlining educational/career goals as they relate to the field of architecture.
- I grant permission to The Dayton Foundation to use photographs or videos of me in any materials sponsored, endorsed or commissioned by The Dayton Foundation, without compensation. I understand that any such photos or videos may be used in various publications or other materials in written or electronic form, and hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any such publications or materials. I also agree to release, defend, and hold harmless The Dayton Foundation and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and/or distributing any materials containing such images, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of any photograph or video containing my likeness.
- Electronic Signature (Please type your full name below.)
- Please upload a current picture for use in publications. Senior yearbook head shots are preferred.
- Submit a minimum of two and a maximum of four images of works that represent your artistic abilities (renderings, sketches, models, photographs, drafting, painting, sculptures, etc.) The medium/media used in the works (e. g. acrylic, cardboard, ink, etc.) must be identified. Please also identify the size of the original piece and provide a title. Please upload your portfolio as a .pdf or .doc attachment. Most applicants create a Power Point or Google Slide presentation and convert it to a .pdf for submission. You can also create a presentation in Word for the committee to view. Keep in mind, you cannot upload any Google Docs so make sure to convert to a .pdf format before uploading. Also remember, your file name cannot have any punctuation. If you have any difficulties uploading your portfolio, please email Michelle Brown at email@example.com or call her at 937-225-9965.