John P. Kalaman Memorial Scholarship - Centerville Police Department
The JOHN P. KALAMAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP has been established at The Dayton Foundation in memory of Officer John P. Kalaman, a devoted member of the Centerville Police Department. According to John’s parents, “John entered law enforcement, not only to preserve order in the community, but also to elevate human dignity by helping people feel good about themselves, especially those who had fallen on difficult times. John saw the inherent value of each person and had a special affection for children and the elderly. He treated all people with equal respect and just the right touch of humor. When John was nearby, you could actually feel your heart smile.”
- Be an active or retired member of the Centerville Police Department, a spouse, dependent child or grandchild of an active or retired member of the Centerville Police Department
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be accepted/enrolled at a two- or four-year college/university
- Up to $2,500 - renewable for three additional years
- Centerville High School Scholarships, Fire and/or Police Related Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you or a family member employed by the Centerville Police Department (active or retired)?
- If so, please provide this person's name and their relationship to you:
- I grant permission to The Dayton Foundation to use photographs or videos of me in any materials sponsored, endorsed or commissioned by The Dayton Foundation, without compensation. I understand that any such photos or videos may be used in various publications or other materials in written or electronic form, and hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any such publications or materials. I also agree to release, defend, and hold harmless The Dayton Foundation and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and/or distributing any materials containing such images, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of any photograph or video containing my likeness.
- Electronic Signature (Please type your full name below.)
- Please upload a current picture for use in publications. Senior yearbook head shots are preferred.