Ulliman Schutte Scholarship
This scholarship was established to encourage and support students’ interest in pursuing construction and engineering as a career choice. Qualified applicants will be interviewed as part of the application process. Applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school in the Miami Valley region
- Be accepted to an accredited technical school, junior college, community college or four-year college or university
- Be planning to major in construction-related engineering (civil, mechanical, environmental), construction engineering/management, or the construction trades
- Participate in extracurricular activities in high school such as sports, clubs, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership
- Demonstrate a history of employment and/or volunteering
- Butler County, Champaign County, Clark County, Darke County, Greene County, Miami County, Montgomery County, Preble County, Shelby County, Warren County
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to major in major in construction-related engineering (civil, mechanical, environmental), construction engineering/management, or the construction trades?
- Please explain which college you plan to attend, your anticipated major/degree, and what are the primary factors in your decision for both the college and the degree.
- Please describe your favorite classes in high school and why you enjoyed them.
- Of all of your work and volunteer experiences, please describe which one you enjoyed the most and why.
- What are you plans for employment beyond graduation and what are the primary factors in your decision?